ORDER OR SHIP BY DEC 16 FOR XMAS DELIVERY!
I recently met Michelle Cady--founder of FitVista, renowned health & wellness coach, reformed finance executive and author of Self-Care in the City. Like so many of us, it was supporting a loved one through a health scare that inspired Michelle to commit to a more healthy lifestyle. Today she teaches people around the world to incorporate healthier eating and wellness practices into their busy, daily lives.
As she writes in her book, Michelle used to be scared of cooking because she thought she was no good at it and after an already busy, stressful day, the added stress of trying to cook was simply to much for her. Determined to make cooking easier and less stressful (and healthier!), Michelle discovered the wonders of roasted vegetables.
Michelle's trick to make them sexier is incorporating a little healthy fat. Adding healthy fats to your vegetables not only makes them "freaking delicious" (to quote Michelle) but the nutrients in the veggies are fat soluble so you actually need the fat in order to take advantage of all the nutrient-goodness in the veggies themselves.
To get you started, Michelle shared with us this recipe which is perfect for fall, quick and easy to make and sure to be a hit with the whole family.
If you want to learn more about Michelle and see some of her other fantastic recipes head over to FitVista. Enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees;
2. Rinse squash and chop off ends;
3. Slice down the middle and scoop out insides with a spoon (you can throw away the insides);
4. Slice into half-moons;
5. Place parchment paper on a sheet tray, arrange half-moons on the tray, lightly coat with avocado (or olive) oil, sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder;
6. Add a couple strips of bacon across the top;
7. Roast for 25-40 minutes until you get your preferred crispiness!
Enjoy as the perfect side dish and save leftovers for salads!!