It’s all set. Your grill grates are cleaned, the forecast is sunny, and you’ve got our tasty grass-fed-and-finished beef defrosted. The perfect BBQ for you and your loved ones is almost complete. The only thing missing is a flawless menu -- but fear not!
Simply by eating our grass-finished beef you have a huge head start. With less toxins than traditional grain-fed beef, and that deliciously distinctive grass-fed taste, you can confidently place our beef at the front and center of your flavor profile. But, a few minutes of extra prep work will take your BBQ from great to gourmet.
To help you out, we’ve gathered our 10 summer burger recipes. We even tossed in my 7 essential burger cooking tips. Now all you’ve got to worry about is preparing for the title of Grill Master - Summer 2018.
7 Burger Cooking Tips
- Always season your patties with salt and pepper. Don’t mix them into the ground beef.
- Oil your grill grates before you start to prevent sticking.
- Get the most flavor by not pressing down on your patty.
- Don’t flip the burger until it has a good sear.
- Don’t pierce your patty with a fork. All the juices will run out and you’ll lose flavor.
- Use the internal temp to know when it’s finished cooking.
- Rare: 120-125
- Medium Rare: 130-135
- Medium Well: 150-155
- Well Done: 160-165
7. Let your burger rest and reabsorb juices before eating. This is our most important tip!
Our Top 10 Summer Burgers
1. The Oldie-But-Goodie
An all-American classic perfect for your next cookout.
- Ingredients: Iceberg Lettuce, Tomatoes, White Onion, American Cheese, Ketchup, Mustard, Brioche Bun
- Special Instructions: Season our ground beef with onion powder and garlic powder
Kick things up a notch with this spicy burger!
- Ingredients: Jalapeño and Cream Cheese stuffed patty, White Bun
Savory, funky, and great for the 4th of July.
- Ingredients: Blue Cheese, Butter Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo, Potato Bun
Unleash your inner cheese-lover with this juicy burger
- Ingredients: Cheddar Stuffed Patty, Lettuce, Tomato, Potato Bun
Inspired by Bob's Burgers, this burger is delicious to fans and non-fans alike!
- Ingredients: Fried Pickles, Chives, Sour Cream, Dijon Mustard, Feta Stuffed Patty
6. The BBQ Burger
This sweet, smokey burger will satisfy your inner Southerner.
Ingredients: Fried Shallots, Coleslaw, BBQ Sauce, Cheddar, Lettuce, Red Onion, Sourdough Bun
7. The Fajita Burger
Add a little Tex-Mex flare the whole family will love.
- Ingredients: Grilled Peppers, Grilled Onions, Tomato, Guacamole, Pepper Jack, Brioche Bun, (optional salsa)
- Special Instructions: Season 2 lb of our ground beef with 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder
Earthy, savory, and delicious! Plus, what's not to love about the name?
- Ingredients: Shiitake Mushrooms, Garlic, Scallions, Cilantro, Sesame Seed Bun
9. The Breakfast Burger
Who says you can't have breakfast for dinner?
- Ingredients: Over-Easy Egg, Onion, Poblano Pepper, Tomato, Salsa Verde, Pepper Jack, Brioche Bun
10. Chef Jason’s Lamb Burger
Try something different at your next cookout with this mouthwatering lamb burger!
- Ingredients: Kale, Shallots, Chili-flake, lemon, goat cheese, lamb patty, Brioche Bun
- Special Instructions: Sautée shallots in butter and olive oil. Add chili flakes, lemon zest, chicken stock, salt, & pepper to shallots. Braise kale in shallot-mixture for 10 mins. Mix olive oil with the goat cheese and lightly salt. Place cheese and kale on top of burger.