Recipes For Busy Fall Weeknights: Sheet Pan Chicken with Sage
October 05, 2017
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches scallions, cut
- 15-20 fresh sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 Greensbury boneless organic chicken thighs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour two tablespoons of oil on a baking sheet and rub with a paper towel to coat the pan.
- Arrange scallions on the baking sheet. Sprinkle sage over scallions.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place on top of scallions and sage.
- Spread out thyme sprigs on the empty half of the baking sheet and arrange potatoes on top of the thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining olive oil over chicken and potatoes.
- Roast until chicken is cooked through (about 165 degrees Farenheit), about 30-35 minutes. A sharp knife should pierce the potatoes easily at this point.
- Remove from oven - increase oven temperate to broil. Cover potatoes with aluminum foil. Put baking sheet back in over and broil until chicken skin browns, about 1-2 minutes.