At Greensbury, we sell only products that are the healthiest, highest quality, and most sustainable available. As part of that commitment, we strive for transparency and traceability in all our products and only offer products that we’ve tried ourselves and serve to our own families.
Most of our seafood is wild caught, including our sockeye salmon, halibut, tuna, cod, lobster, crab, shrimp, and scallops. However, we offer one product that is not wild caught, and we realize that raises questions for some.
That’s why we're taking a moment to tell you more about our Atlantic Salmon from the Faroe Islands.
5 Reasons We Source Our Salmon From The Faroe Islands:
- The Faroe Islands believe in “quality through welfare” and have one of the strictest aquaculture operations in the world. This eliminates the unhealthy characteristics of most non-wild seafood, and ensures responsible care of the environment and healthy salmon habitat.
- Faroe Islands salmon never receive antibiotics or hormones.
- Faroe Islands salmon feeds are exclusively sourced in the Faroe Islands, and are free from contaminants, the main concern when it comes to non-wild salmon.
- Only 3 companies produce salmon in the region, so it is extremely traceable.
- Faroe Islands salmon is designated a "Best Choice" and "Sustainably Caught" by the Monterey Bay Seafood Watch Program.
The intense focus on standards and sustainability results in salmon that is healthy, superior quality, and delicious.
If you want to learn more about Faroe Islands salmon, check out this website: Salmon From The Faroe Islands