You’ve purchased Greensbury grass-fed, organic beef bones, and you’re ready to make bone broth. Here’s our step-by-step guide for anyone who’s cooking beef bones into broth for the first time.
Blanch the bones
Roast the bones
- Cover the beef bones with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil
- Cook the bones for 20 minutes at a simmer.
- Preheat the oven to 450
- Roast the bones until they’re well done
Boil the bones
- Add beef bones to your stockpot
- Add onions, garlic, black pepper (to taste)
- Add 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Add enough cold water to cover
- Bring to boil over medium heat
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, skim fat and foam from the surface
- Cook for about 3 hours
- Strain stock through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl and discard solids
Your grass-fed, organic broth is ready - enjoy!