Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
This Whole30 recipe for @pennysprimal is full of flavor! With parsnips, mushrooms, carrots, sweet potatoes, a delicious gravy, and Greensbury's organic, grass-fed beef cubes, this stew is sure to become a winter weeknight family favorite!
2 lb Stew Beef, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 whole Onion, large, sliced in 1/4" wedges
- 4 whole Carrots, cut on bias in 2" pieces
- 4 whole Parsnip, peeled, cut on bias in 2" pieces
- 10 - 12 oz White Mushrooms, cut large ones in half
- 2 whole Sweet Potato, peeled & cut in large cubes
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled and left whole
- 2 whole Bay Leaf
- 2 cups Beef Bone Broth, or beef broth
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh Rosemary, or 1 tsp dried
Put beef in ziplock bag with salt, pepper & arrowroot & shake well.
Place onions on bottom of slow cooker.
Add carrots & parsnips.
Add beef, bay leaves & garlic.
Add broth & rosemary.
Cook on slow 6 hours adding sweet potatoes after 3 hours.
Can cook on high for 4 hours adding sweet potatoes after 2 hours.
Enjoy this recipe by Penny's Primal!