Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
From the kitchen of @realfoodwithaltitude comes this perfect crowd-pleasing recipe for those busy weeknights. Healthy and delicious, it's a perfect addition to your weekly menu and it's sure to keep both adults and kids asking for more! Whole30 and gluten-free, these nuggets pair perfectly with Hayley's Dairy-Free Ranch Dip.
2 chicken breasts cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce (Hayley likes The New Primal)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Pat your chicken cubes dry with a paper towel and them set aside. Cover a sheet pan with foil and grease it with cooking spray (I like avocado spray best).
Mix 2 tbsp buffalo sauce and one whisked egg together in one bowl. In another bowl mix almond flour, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper together.
One nugget at a time- dip in egg mixture, then right into the almond flour mixture. Be sure the chicken nugget is completely covered in almond flour and place on your sheet pan. Repeat until all of the nuggets are coated.
Put the nuggets in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
Serve with some extra buffalo sauce and ranch. Enjoy!
1. To get the nuggets slightly crispy- be sure to pat your chicken dry before coating it in the egg wash and almond flour.
2. If you use The New Primal Buffalo Sauce like I did- you can choose from mild to hot so it pleases everyone.
3. You can make these in the air fryer or the oven. For a big batch, I prefer the oven!
4. If your kids don’t like spice, just dip theirs in a plain egg.