Pair your lean protein with iron-rich spinach to make this dish a nutritional powerhouse.
Chicken Florentine recipe
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14-oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil (or tsp dried)
- 10 oz. fresh spinach
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and cook chicken until lightly browned on each side, approximately 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomatoes, oregano and basil; place spinach on top of the chicken and cover tightly.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, approximately 15 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper and top with cheese. Serve with Quinoa à la Orange Salad.
Make this recipe healthier: Use “no-salt added” crushed tomatoes to reduce your sodium by 110 milligrams per serving!
Nutrients per serving:
- Calories: 260
- Total Fats: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 100 mg
- Sodium: 320 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Sugars: 3 g
- Protein: 40 g
- Iron 3 mg
Written by Lara McGlashan for Oxygen Magazine and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.