Chicken Tortilla Soup
@realfoodwithaltitude brings us another crowd pleasing recipe. This chicken tortilla soup is easy to freeze and easy to make with minimal ingredients. It is Paleo friendly and Whole30 compatible with just a couple items left out!
1 lbs Chicken cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1/2 White onion
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 cup Cauliflower rice
- 1 can Fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can Green chili
- 2 tbsp Mesa De Vide Smokey Latin
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- Avocado- sliced
- Lime wedge
- Sour cream I use Kite Hill (dairy free)
- Siete tortilla strips
Heat a large pot to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil inside.
Finely dice the red bell pepper, white onion and jalapeno to equal size pieces and put them in the pan. Saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
To the same pan add the broth, water, Mesa De Vida Smokey Latin starter, chicken, green chilis, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
Before you put the fire-roasted tomatoes in the pan, blend or puree for about 10 seconds, then mix it into the pan.
Bring the soup to a boil and turn back down to medium and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. If you are not using cooked chicken, boil the soup until the chicken is cooked through.
Add 1 cup cauliflower rice to the soup at this point and simmer for another 5 minutes.
While the soup is simmering, slice your Siete Tortillas into strips and either air fry for 3 minutes or you can broil them for 3 minutes in the oven.
Serve your soup and top with tortilla strips, avocado, sour cream and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Tips for Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- This is a great recipe for leftover chicken that is already cooked, it doesn’t have to be freshly cooked chicken.
- Depending on how spicy you like it, feel free to cut the jalapeno down to just half of one.
- This recipe store GREAT in the freezer so don’t hesitate to double the recipe.
- You can use any sour cream or tortillas that work for your body. I prefer Kite Hill Sour Cream (dairy-free) and Siete Tortillas (grain-free).
- To make this Whole30 compatible you can always leave out the tortilla strips- it is still so delicious!