@pennysprimal shares her go to comfort food during this cold weather. This cottage pie is hearty and has lots of veggies and delicious organic, grass-fed ground beef that gets covered with creamy mashed potatoes drizzled with melted ghee.
1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 cup green beans, frozen
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup beef bone broth, I like Kettle & Fire
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tblsp arrowroot powder
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tblsp ghee, melted
- hearty pinch of nutmeg
- In a 12" skillet saute onions and beef till beef is no longer pink.
- Add bone broth and arrowroot powder stirring well.
- Add carrots, peas and beans and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add all spice except nutmeg, stir well.
- Move to a casserole dish or if your skillet is oven proof you can leave it in the skillet!
- Top with mashed potatoes, spreading out evenly.
- Pour melted ghee over top and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake one hour.
- Remove and let rest 5 minutes before serving.