Adapted from Bon Appetit.
What you'll need:
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1.5 cups shishito peppers
- 1 red jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1.5 cups mixed herbs: mint, cilantro, and/or basil
- Combine shallot and lime juice in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Let sit, about 10 minutes.
- Add toasted sesame oil, vegetable oil, soy sauce, and honey to shallot mixture. Whisk to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper, to taste. Place is a resealable plastic bag and add 1 cup of vinaigrette. Seal the bag and turn to coat the chicken. Chill for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Prepare a grill for medium heat. Grill chicken, about 8-10 minutes, although time varies. Chicken is done cooking at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss shishito peppers and oil in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for approximately 3 minutes. Add to chicken platter.
- Add herbs and vinaigrette.