Guacamole and grilling are two of my favorite “G” words. These organic turkey burgers put them both into one meal! Ground turkey contains less fat and calories than beef and grilling is the perfect way to cook it. Be sure to brush a little canola oil onto your grill before cooking to keep the burgers from sticking.
- 1 pound organic turkey (ground)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ jalapeño, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 Kaiser rolls
- Tomato and onion slices to garnish
- Mix the ground turkey with chili powder, cumin, ¼ cup onion, garlic, and salt in a medium bowl. Divide into three equal portions and form patties. Drizzle olive oil onto each patty.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place the patties olive oil-side down onto the grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink in the center (about 165°F).
- While the patties cook, prepare the guacamole. Mash together the avocados, lime juice, chopped onion and jalapeño. Stir in the diced tomatoes and season to taste with salt.
- Serve burgers on kaiser rolls with a dollop of guacamole. Garnish with sliced onion and tomato.
Created by: Food n’ Focus