Instant Pot Pho
This Instant Pot Pho recipe from @realfoodwithaltitude was created to satisfy her craving for pho in a healthy, quick and inexpensive way. This Whole30 and Paleo-friendly recipe is perfect for those cold nights curled up inside.
1 pound chicken breast
- 1 quart chicken, beef or bone broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 white onion finely sliced
- 3 zucchinis- spiralized
- 2 Tbsp Chinese five spice
- 1/2 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Green onion- sliced
- 1 Jalapeno- sliced
- 1 can bean sprouts- rinsed
- lime wedges
Combine chicken, broth, water Chinese five spice, ground ginger, garlic, onion, coconut aminos, fish sauce, salt, and pepper into your instant pot.
Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes and then manually release the pressure.
Remove the chicken and shred it, then return it to the pot.
Fill your bowl with zucchini noodles, then poor broth on top! That is right… no need to even cook these noodles, the broth will cook them enough.
Add whatever toppings you like. I love all of them on there with lots of sriracha, but make it your own!
Tips for Instant Pot Pho:
- It will make your instant pot smell like pho, even after you clean it. I have accepted that mine will smell like that since I make it so often. However, to get rid of this smell you can soak the rubber ring in vinegar and you can scrub the pot with some water and baking soda.
- If you don’t have an instant pot, just make this in a large pot on the stove!
- Add whatever topping you like in your pho and leave out which ones you don’t like That is one reason I love pho, you can make it your own personal bowl.
- If you are not on a Whole30 or worrying about grains, use rice noodles!
- You can either spiralize your own zucchini noodles or you can buy them pre-spiralized from the store- one package typically feeds two of us so if you want leftovers, buy two packages.
- You can also make this with bone broth- I have even made it with the Turmeric Ginger flavor from Kettle and Fire and that was so tasty.