This lumpia recipe from @feyginfoto is made with carrots, onions, white pepper, 2 packs of Greensbury ground beef and 1 pack of spicy pork. Then roll them, close them with some cornstarch slurry and fry them up! Serve with sweet and spicy sauce, and most importantly enjoy with friends/family.
2 lbs ground beef
1 lb ground pork
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 white pepper, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Lumpia wrappers
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Tbsp water
1. Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
2. Add carrots, onions, white pepper, ground beef, pork, and spices cooking until meat is brown and crumbly, approximately 7 minutes.
3. Cut lumpia wrappers into triangles.
4. Whisk together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until fully combined. Set aside.
5. Coat lumpia wrappers with cornstarch slurry then add 3 heaping tablespoons of meat mixture onto bottom of each triangle wrapper, folding the two bottom corners inward carefully, then rolling tightly. Add more slurry if necessary to ensure wrapper stays closed. Transfer toa place and cover with plastic wrap to retain moisture. Repeat until all lumpia are assembled.
Using tongs, carefully place lumpia into the heated frying oil and cook for several minutes, turning to cook evenly.