By Chef Thomas Kaylor.
This marinade is great on chicken, pork, fish, and shellfish. It's quick and easy and it's a crowd pleaser. I recommend using it for grilling, oven roasting, or pan searing proteins. This recipe makes 1 cup of marinade, which covers 2lbs of protein.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 2 Lemons
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili flake
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Peel 6 strips of lemon zest from one of the lemons using a vegetable peeler. Cut both lemons in half and squeeze the juice. Remove the seeds from the lemon juice using a spoon or small strainer.
- Place all ingredients except for the lemon zest into a blender and blend on the highest setting until smooth.
- Scrape the Mediterranean marinade over your protein with a rubber spatula and add the lemon zest.
- Place your protein into a plastic Ziploc and pour marinade over it. Add the lemon zest to the bag. Mix the protein and marinade together, close the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours before cooking.