Created by: Gary of Cooking Outdoors
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless organic free range chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, bay leaf, teriyaki sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare a grill for cooking over medium-high heat.
- Oil the grill rack. If using a charcoal grill, prepare a solid bed of medium-hot coals.
- If using a gas grill, preheat to high and close the lid, then open the lid and lower the heat to medium-high (you can hold your hand one to 2 inches above the grill level only 3 to 4 seconds). Note: I used the Island Grillstone
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry gently with paper towels.
- Discard the marinade.
- Lay the organic free range chicken breast on the grill rack.
- Cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Uncover, turn the chicken, and cook until cooked through (cut to test) and the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes longer.