Paleo Minestrone Soup
This healthy, hearty soup from @realfoodwithaltitude will give you all the fall feels! Perfect for those chilly days, this recipe is packed with ground chicken, veggies and herbs to give you that homemade comfort you crave. This soup is paleo friendly and can be Whole30 compatible if you leave out the pasta and add some extra potatoes instead.
1 pound ground chicken
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cups green beans chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 zucchini diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 medium white sweet potatoes diced
- 3 garlic cloves mined
- 1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 6 oz can tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp Thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 pack Jovial Grain Free Pasta- your favorite shape
Brown ground chicken in a pan until cooked through.
In a large pot, heat your olive oil and saute your carrots, celery, onion, green beans, and garlic. Once onions are translucent, add the chicken.
Once chicken and veggies are combines, add the rest of the ingredients, except the pasta and spinach.
Bring to a boil and let cook until potatoes are fork-tender then decrease the heat. This should take about 20 minutes.
In the meantime cook your pasta according to the directions on the package.
Once potatoes are cooked, add pasta and spinach. It is ready to serve when the spinach is cooked down, should only take about 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
- I use ground chicken, but it is also good with and ground meat you like
- If you are doing the Whole30, just leave out the grain-free pasta and add a few more potatoes- it is still delicious
- If you want “real” pasta- then go for it! Same with beans, this doesn’t have to be only Paleo
- Make a double batch because this is a great freezer meal down the road
- If you can’t find white sweet potatoes- feel free to use any potato you like! This is also really good with Yukon gold potatoes.
- You can cook this in your InstantPot too! Saute all your veggies and chicken, minus potatoes and spinach, then throw everything in your InstantPot and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.