Created by Chef Scott Leibfried, Greensbury's Culinary Director.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours at 225 degrees
- Greensbury pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation - Rub:
- Combine all ingredients and mix well with a whisk. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Apply rub generously to both sides of the ribs, pushing the seasoning into the ribs.
- Place the excess rub into a sealed container or mason jar for additional use.
Preparation - Grilling The Ribs:
- Heat grill to 225 degrees with the convector - this is a necessity when slow cooking ribs (it’s a shield from the direct heat of the coals and provides an even cooking experience). Be sure to add a layer of aluminum - this will avoid flare up or increase in temperature.
Place ribs on the grill.
- Add a moisture pot with water and lemon to the grill. This could be water or a liquid to create steam during a long cook. The egg cooks with dry heat and this will help in preventing the ribs from getting dry during the long cook. Cook for 4 hours.
*Moisture pot on top right
Shop ABF Pork Baby Back Ribs
Have you entered our Big Green Egg sweepstakes? Enter today for your chance to win Greensbury products, a Big Green Egg grill, and other premium food and drink products!