If you're an Instant Pot skeptic, or think it's just a passing fad, it might be time to reconsider. We've experimented with one in the Greensbury Test Kitchen and we've seen the light.
Tracy Posillico, founder of whitsway.org, was a convert long before us and has countless amazing recipes. Here she shares one that is quick, easy and delicious!
Active Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 2 lbs organic chicken thighs (boneless and skinless);
- 4 cups chicken broth;
- 3 celery ribs (cut into sticks);
- 3 medium carrots (cut into sticks or large chunks);
- 1 onion (quartered);
- 8 creamer potatoes (whole, skin on);
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced);
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley;
- 1 teaspoon sea salt;
- Wash, cut and prep all the vegetables;
- Rinse and dry chicken and drop into the Instant Pot;
- Add remaining ingredients to Instant Pot;
- Close lid and set valve to "Sealing";
- Select "Poultry." After pressurizing, the Instant Pot will automatically cook on high for 15 minutes;
- When Instant Pot is done, you can either "Quick Release" to eat right away or let it depressurize on its own (food will stay warm in the Instant Pot until you're ready to eat);
Serve over rice or raw spinach.