Roasted Cod with Miso Glaze
- 8-12 oz cod filet
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the miso paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic.
- Place a non stick pan on the stove over a high heat gas burner.
- Add the olive oil and then add the cod top side down.
- Sear for 2-3 minute and then turn the cod over.
- Brush the top of the cod generously with the miso glaze and then transfer the pan to the oven.
- Roast for 6-8 minutes brushing with more glaze if desired.
- Take the cod from the oven and check for doneness. The fish should feel firm when pressed and flake easily with a fork.
For more recipes by Gerry Speirs, follow his Instagram @foodnessgracious.