FREE GROUND SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $150!
This recipe comes to us courtesy of FitVista founder, Michelle Cady. If you don't know Michelle, she is a fitness & wellness coach, nutrition expert and author of Self-Care in the City.
Michelle's trick when roasting vegetable is to incorporate a little healthy fat. Adding healthy fats to your vegetables not only makes them "freaking delicious" (to quote Michelle) but the nutrients in the veggies are fat soluble so you actually need the fat in order to take advantage of all the nutrient-goodness in the veggies themselves.
To get you started, Michelle shared with us this recipe which is quick and easy to make and sure to be a hit with the whole family.Ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees;
2. Rinse squash and chop off ends;
3. Slice down the middle and scoop out insides with a spoon (you can throw away the insides);
4. Slice into half-moons;
5. Place parchment paper on a sheet tray, arrange half-moons on the tray, lightly coat with avocado (or olive) oil, sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder;
6. Add a couple strips of bacon across the top;
7. Roast for 25-40 minutes until you get your preferred crispiness!
Enjoy as the perfect side dish and save leftovers for salads!!