This easy recipe is ready in just 30 minutes and makes four servings.
- 2 oranges
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. apple juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tsp. canola oil
- ½ lb. beef coulotte, trimmed of all visible fat and sliced into 1" long, thin slices
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1" (about 1 Tbsp.) fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried red pepper flakes (1 tsp. for mild spice)
- 2 heads (about 6 cups) broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch (about ½ cup) chopped scallions with greens
- Cut 1/8"-wide strips of rind from one orange, set aside. Squeeze the juice from both oranges into a small mixing bowl (about ½ cup of juice).
- Whisk in soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of water, apple juice, honey and cornstarch to juice. Set sauce aside.
- Heat a large skillet set on medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon of oil. Add the beef and sauté for 1 minute. Set beef aside on a plate with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet. Add garlic, ginger, pepper flakes and strips of orange rind and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli and 1/3 cup water. Cover and steam, about 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper, sauté for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk the orange sauce into the skillet with a fork. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the scallions and beef and stir to combine with the sauce. Serve over brown rice or barley.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 215, Total Fats: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 46 mg, Sodium: 220 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 17 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 8 g, Protein: 21 g, Iron: 3 mg
Written by OxygenMag for Oxygen Magazine and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.