This soup recipe from @pennysprimal is thick and creamy and full of flavor! Garnish with crispy bacon, pepitas and fried sage.
- 4-5 squash of choice, cut in half and seeded (I used acorn, carnival, and delicata)
- Olive oil
8 slices bacon
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 or more sage leaves (for garnish)
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1-14.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt plus extra for squash
- 1/2 tsp pepper plus extra for squash
- Raw pepitas for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line pan with parchment.
Lay squash on pan and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast 45 min until tender. Let cool and scoop out flesh into bowl.
Meanwhile, cut bacon into 1" pieces and cook until crispy in large pot. Move to plate to drain.
Drain all but 2 Tbsp grease and divide this.
Fry sage leaves until crisp and move to plate.
Add remaining Tbsp of grease and cook onions and celery until translucent.
Add garlic, stirring one minute.
Add squash, stirring to combine.
Serve with garnish, bacon, sage, and pepitas.