Stuffed Honeynut Squash
Whether looking for a holiday side dish or an easy weeknight meal, this recipe from @pennysprimal checks all the boxes! Whole30 and Paleo, this sweet and savory dish is the perfect warm and comforting meal for those cold days.
- 3 honeynut squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
1 lb pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large green apple, diced
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp sage
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil plus more for squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp ghee, melted with 1 tsp cinnamon whisked in
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Drizzle olive oil over both sides of squash and salt and pepper generously.
Roast on parchment 1 hour, flipping halfway through.
Meanwhile, heat large skillet with oil.
Add onion and sausage and cook until sausage is browned.
Add sage and garlic then add apples, pecans, and cranberries, stirring until apples soften a bit.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Remove squash from oven and mash centers up. Stuff with sausage mixture.
Drizzle with melted ghee and cinnamon just before serving.