This recipe transforms your standard sweet and sour chicken dish into a healthier version, perfect for a family meal. Cooked with our organic free range chicken.
- 1/4 cup dry sherry mixed with 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces pre-cooked white or brown rice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Combine dry sherry and sugar along with egg in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add in the chicken and toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes; drain well.
- Combine powdered peanut butter, flour, cornstarch and sugar in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add in the chicken; toss well to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add in the chicken, cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Heat pan again over high heat. Add in the green onions and bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Combine the water and next 4 ingredients (through Worcestershire) in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken and ketchup mixture to pan; cook 1 minute, tossing to coat.
- Divide rice among 4 plates; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cilantro leaves and sesame seeds.
Created by: April Preisler / Food n’ Focus