Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Kathi & Rachel at the Laughing Spatula
This Thai Chicken Noodle Soup is better than take-out and ready in 30 minutes! Make it with Greensbury's organic, free-range chicken breasts and Enjoy!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces, about 1.5 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground ginger
- 6 cups chicken stock preferably low sodium
- 1 14 ounce coconut milk full fat, not light
- 4 ounces rice noodles rice sticks, rice linquine or rice Pad Thai noodles will work
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 lime half for juice in soup, half sliced for garnish
- 2 green onions sliced
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Add carrots, bell pepper and onion. Cook until tender. 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, garlic and red chili paste. Stir letting the aromatics release. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Add chicken.
- Stir in rice noodles, fish sauce and brown sugar. Simmer until rice noodles are tender. About 5 minutes. Squeeze half a lime into the soup.
- Ladle into large bowls and top with green onion, cilantro, basil and a lime slice!
- Serve with a warm baguette and butter if desired.
Store in a tightly closed container for up to 3-4 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Visit the Laughing Spatula for more yummy, healthy recipes.