Thank you, Mama O'Neill, for sharing this recipe for Greensbury's Wild Cod.
- 2 6oz fillets of Greensbury wild cod
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thin lengthwise using a mandolin on #1 or #2
- 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon - zested and juiced
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat and place a well-seasoned cast iron skillet on the grill
- Cook 3 pieces of bacon in the skillet. Remove when cooked and chopped.
- While bacon is cooking, sprinkle the cod with salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Wrap in the zucchini slices.
- In the bacon fat, add onion, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Toss 2-3 times before removing veggies to the side and placing fish in the center of the pan. Squeeze 1/2 zested lemon juice over the whole pan and close lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip fish and make sure tomatoes and onions are not burning. Add in the cooked bacon and the juice of the other 1/2 of the lemon and toss the tomato mixture over the fish.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. You can also sprinkle fresh parsley on top for extra color.